Bến Dược tunnels is about 20km farther away than popular-Bến-Đình area and attracts fewer foreign tourists. There is also a massive temple in memory of Vietnamese killed at Củ Chi, it is, at present, the largest war memorial in Việt Nam. If you are looking for an authentic experience to a less touristy site in a small budget, this package is a perfect choice for you.
Your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel in District 1 between 09h00 - 09h30 and after leaving Hồ Chí Minh City, we drive about 1,5 hours through the pleasant countryside before arriving at Bến Đình tunnels, Củ Chi. We may stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
• Upon arrival, you’ll watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
• The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Việt Nam to either maim American soldiers or create panic amongst the ranks.
• From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
• There is a shooting range where you can try to fire an automatic or semi-automatic weapons for a fee (this fee is not included)
• Take some rest at the end for a taste of Củ Chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home.
We drive back to Hồ Chí Minh city. At the end of your morning tour, you will have 2 options:
• Option 1: Drop you back to the pick-up point.
• Option 2: We can take you to a local restaurant in the city center, where you can enjoy a complimentary Vietnamese three-course lunch, and then make your own leisurely way back to your place.
• Lunch option is only applied for morning tour.
• Please inform your choice to our tour-guide in advance.
• Option 1 will apply to all tour dates EXCEPT the period from February 1-10, 2019.
• Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.